[Openstack] DVR and public IP consumption

Tom Verdaat tom at server.biz
Wed Jan 20 15:02:18 UTC 2016

Hi Tomas,

Actually the networking nodes, and in a DVR scenario the compute nodes,
don't need a public IP assigned to the node itself. All they need is a
networking interface connected to the "public" network. Only tenant routers
set as a gateway consume one public IP address each as overhead. You cannot
get around each tenant gateway router consuming an extra public IP address
itself as far as I know.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers,

Tom