[Openstack] [Openstack Tacker]: VNF instance not created

Basavaraj B basavaraja.b at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:41:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

Got the instance console.
But I don't see my sample program running.

Please find attached snapshot.
Can you please let me know how I can check the output of my program?

Regards,
Basavaraj

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Basavaraj B <basavaraja.b at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Eduardo,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I am trying to instantiate VNF through dashboard. So
> I did not get a chance to source tacker user credentials.
> The dashboard credentials are admin/devstack.
>
> I see the instance under Admin->System->Instances.
>
> I could even go to Console, but the console screen is empty!
> The console log is captured in the attached snapshot.
>
> Please let me know if you need more details.
>
> Regards,
> Basavaraj
>
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Eduardo Gonzalez <dabarren at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Basavaraj.
>>
>> Instances are created  under tacker user.
>> Source tacker user credentials and check if the VNF is properly launched.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016, 10:53 AM Basavaraj B <basavaraja.b at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using Tacker with Openstack liberty verson.
>>> I followed the demo that you have presented to instantiate a VNF, but in
>>> my case VNF instance is not getting created. But again, the VNF manager
>>> shows the status of it as ACTIVE.
>>>
>>> Background:
>>> 1. To check the Tacker functionality, I compiled a simple C program that
>>> prints "Hello world" in an infinite loop.
>>> 2. Image name "hello" appears in System->Images
>>> 3. The VNF in NFV->VNF Manager is showed as ACTIVE
>>> 4. In Project->Instances, I don't see my instance "hello".
>>>
>>> I want to see my hello image running on one of VNF. Can you please help
>>> me out as how to get the instance created and check my sample program run?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Basavaraj