[Openstack] nova/neutron vs heat - run as regular user

Kostiantyn.Volenbovskyi at swisscom.com Kostiantyn.Volenbovskyi at swisscom.com
Tue Aug 16 08:22:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

maybe you need to look into /etc/heat/policy.json  - maybe you run into
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-ansible/+bug/1428451 or similar

BR,
Konstantin

From: Brent Troge [mailto:brenttroge2016 at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2016 10:06 PM
To: openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [Openstack] nova/neutron vs heat - run as regular user

As 'joeuser' in tenant/project 'joetenant' I can create a 'direct' neutron port and boot a nova instance with the just created port. The neutron network is owned by 'joetenant'
However, using the same user/tenant when I create another instance with the same resource types using heat, stack creation fails with  'forbidden'
I am guessing that 'joeuser' needs to  be added to a special heat group?? or the heat user needs to be added to the joetenant user.
Any suggestions ?