[Openstack] nova/neutron vs heat - run as regular user

Brent Troge brenttroge2016 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 20:05:32 UTC 2016

As 'joeuser' in tenant/project 'joetenant' I can create a 'direct' neutron
port and boot a nova instance with the just created port. The neutron
network is owned by 'joetenant'

However, using the same user/tenant when I create another instance with the
same resource types using heat, stack creation fails with  'forbidden'

I am guessing that 'joeuser' needs to  be added to a special heat group??
or the heat user needs to be added to the joetenant user.

Any suggestions ?