[Openstack] there seems to be a conflict of IP port 6000 for swift

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Fri Apr 29 14:26:15 UTC 2016

The "bind_port" setting in Swift's config files is required to be explicitly set. It doesn't matter what the number is. If you have a port conflict with another service, feel free to change it.

As to why port 6000 was used initially... The truth is probably lost to the mists of time. However, I know that "we're listening for X11 on the storage boxes of our object storage system" was never a concern :-)

There's an open patch to change the docs to use a different port, but for now, feel free to use another port number which is more convenient for you.

--John