[Openstack] Change the default # of floating ips and security groups

Jagga Soorma jagga13 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 16:09:47 UTC 2016

Hi Guys,

I need to change the default # of floating ips and security groups in
our kilo based openstack environment which has been integrated into
AD.  I don't see a Identity tab in the horizon ui (due to AD
integration) and don't want to manually do this every time a new
project is created.  Looks like I can possibly modify the neutron.conf
file but not really sure if this is the correct thing to do:

--
$ cat neutron.conf |egrep -e 'quota_floatingip|quota_security_group '
# quota_security_group = 10

Any suggestions?  Also, if modifying the neutron.conf file is the
correct thing to do then I am assuming I will have to restart
neutron-server.service?  Would there be any impact if I do this on
each of the controller nodes?  Also, there seem to be other neutron
services, do any of those need to be bounced:

--
neutron-common-rundir.service
neutron-dhcp-agent.service

Thanks.