[Openstack] Default security groups

John Belamaric jbelamaric at infoblox.com
Tue Apr 5 17:56:56 UTC 2016

Very nice! I have a very crude shell script I use to create new users/projects for our lab, but this is much nicer!

On Apr 5, 2016, at 10:11 AM, José Riguera López <jriguera at gmail.com<mailto:jriguera at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,

I have created a small python program using the official client libraries to automatically set-up the basic resources to start using it:  users, groups, roles, networks, security groups, routers, quotas and other features: define filters in aggregates metadata for specific projects, allocate a range of floating IPs from a pool to a project  ...  The configuration is defined in YAML, so you can make references and apply the same settings for different projects.  The issue: only works with keystone v3

Have a look at the example and the readme: https://github.com/jriguera/setupproject-openstack

Regards!

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is a way for us to change what the default security group looks like for new projects without having to change it manually.  Basically I want to make sure that when a new project is created it automatically gets a minimal set of our standard rules.  Is there a way I can do this?

Also changing the default security group in one project should not change anything for another project right?  Meaning even though the default security group shares the same name between projects/tenants it is specific to only that one project.

Thanks.

José Riguera López <jriguera at gmail.com<mailto:jriguera at gmail.com>>