[Openstack] Openstack Kilo Vxlan tunnel single NIC setup

James Denton james.denton at rackspace.com
Wed Oct 14 14:06:38 UTC 2015

Hi Amir,

A couple of recommendations:

- Your vxlan_group setting has an extra dot at the end that may be causing issues:
[ml2_type_vxlan]
vxlan_group = 239.0.0.0.
- Your [OVS] block has some incorrect options. Use underscores rather than spaces:
[ovs]
bridge_mappings = public:br-ex
local_ip = 192.168.100.100
vxlan_udp_port = 8472
tunnel type = vxlan
tunnel id ranges = 1001:2000
tenant network type = vxlan
enable tunneling = true
- Same goes for [agent] as well:
[agent]
tunnel_types = vxlan
root_helper_daemon = sudo /usr/local/bin/neutron-rootwrap-daemon /etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf
root_helper = sudo /usr/local/bin/neutron-rootwrap /etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf
#tunnel_types = vxlan
vxlan_udp_port = 8472
l2 population = false
Start by correcting those issues and restart the OVS agents across your hosts. The agent log may be of help here as well.

James