[Openstack] [openstack][Firewall]Unable to ssh to an instance

suresh knv knv.suresh2009 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 13:15:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have installed the openstack on a single node and was trying to
access to the instance through ssh and was unable to do so

In the nova.conf file I have the default firewall settings as

firewall_driver = nova.virt.libvirt.firewall.IptablesFirewallDriver

and I have changed to

firewall_driver = nova.virt.firewall.NoopFirewallDriver

Which firewall option is correct?

and also I have added the access rules for ssh and icmp. I was able to
ping to the instance but was unable to ssh to the instance.

Can anyone suggest me what all changes are required to ssh to an
instance through ssh?

Thanks
Suresh KN V