[Openstack] [Gnocchi] gnocchi resource list is empty

Ales Nosek ales.nosek at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 07:06:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

When I spin up a new Nova instance, Ceilometer creates the respective
resource in Gnocchi. When I issue command:

gnocchi resource list

I would expect to see the Gnocchi resource. Unfortunately, the list
returned by Gnocchi is empty.

Using the admin user I can list the resource and inspect its properties:

created_by_project_id = admin
created_by_user_id = ceilometer
project_id = myproject
user_id = myuser

It shows that resource was created by ceilometer and that the resource
owner is myuser. However, when listing Gnocchi resources as myuser I'm
not able to see the resource. It seems that Gnocchi filters the
resources based on the resource's properties created_by_user_id and
created_by_project_id that don't match myuser and myproject.

I think I must be doing something wrong. I'm using OpenStack Liberty
installed with RDO and Gnocchi 1.3.0.

Please, could somebody help?

Thanks,
Ales