[Openstack] Trying DevStack, and getting errors

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Sun Nov 1 11:22:32 UTC 2015

I'm pretty sure there was another thread on this within the last week, on either openstack-dev@, openstack@ or openstack-operators@, but right now (with just my phone) I can't find that.

Regards - Neil

From: Thales
Sent: Sunday, 1 November 2015 00:07
To: Openstack
Reply To: Thales
Subject: [Openstack] Trying DevStack, and getting errors

Hello,

I wanted to try out OpenStack, so I downloaded DevStack to my Ubuntu 14.04 OS.   However, when I attempt to run it, using ./stack.sh, I get the following error:  ImportError: No module named _io

I figure this is a problem with the virtual environment (virtualenv), because if I try my Python out on the command line, I can import _io.

I've been trying to get this working for a couple of days, but am not sure what the solution is.    Somehow the virtualenv is not recognizing the module _io.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Does anyone have a solution for it?

Many thanks for any help!

Regards,
...John