[Openstack] Question about Openstack integration with OpenDayLight - VTN

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Wed May 20 14:21:38 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I've configured my Openstack environment following this guide:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Release/Helium/VTN/User_Guide/OpenStack_Support#Server_Preparation

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_Virtual_Tenant_Network_%28VTN%29:Scripts:devstack

I have few questions:

1- ODL side: Everytime that I will run karaf, should I install the features?
    I have installed: odl-mdsal-clustering odl-restconf odl-l2switch-switch
odl-mdsal-apidocs odl-dlux-core odl-vtn-manager-all
odl-openflowplugin-all odl-adsal-compatibility-all
    Do I need something else?

2- In the Network Settings section of the guide there is a note that sais:
    "The entries for eth1 are not mandatory, If not set, we may have to
manually do     "ifup eth1" after the stacking is complete to activate the
interface."
    but if I don't modify /etc/network/interfaces, after stacking I have an
error when I try to turn on eth1.
   So I think that the best way is to modify the interface file. Should I
give a particular IP address? There are any rules?

3- Section Start ODL Controller:
    it says: "After running ODL Controller, please ensure ODL Controller
listens to the ports:6633,6653, 6640 and 8080"
    How?

I can correctly stack my nodes.
Than I have created a network and launched some istances.
I tried to perform a ping from the instance's console, but when I do
ifconfig there is no associated ip address so I can't ping neither the
other instances nor external address.

Moreover, when I tried to create a new instance I received this error:

*Error: * Failed to launch instance "my_instance3": Please try again later
[Error: No valid host was found. Exceeded max scheduling attempts 3 for
instance 07d91b46-e3e9-4f99-bf34-9b1d886226fd. Last exception: [u'Traceback
(most recent call last):\n', u' File
"/opt/stack/nova/nova/compute/manager.py", line 2053, in
_do_build_and_run_in].

also if there are no instances launched.

In attachment you can find my local.conf (local.conf-controller is referred
to the Openstack controller node, local.conf is referred to the compute
nodes).

Thanks for your support.
Regards

--