[Openstack] Openstack in a "real" setup with ODL controller

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Thu May 14 09:18:14 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I would like to build a sort of real testbed to use OpenStack with an ODL
Controller.
I have few machine in which I have instelled respectively:
devstack1 -> OpendayLight + Openstack controller
devstack2 and devstack3 -> Compute nodes
ovs1 -> openvSwitch to connect the controller to the compute hosts.

First of all I have downloaded ODL and installed some component. After that
I was able to access to the ODL dashboard.
Than I have installed the Openstack controller with Devstack and the two
compute hosts.
To prepare the local.conf file I've used this guide:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_Virtual_Tenant_Network_%28VTN%29:Scripts:devstack
I could access to the devstack dashboard BUT I can't create new instaces in
the compute hosts.
Moreover I can not anymore access to the ODL controller dashboard.

For some reason I had to reboot the controller machine, I have done
./rejoin-stack to access again to OpenStack, but now I can't access to the
dashboard (An error occurred authenticating. Please try again later.) or,
after the authentication (source openrc admin admin), if I try to do, for
example, nova list it gives me this error:

Authorization Failed: An unexpected error prevented the server from
fulfilling your request: (OperationalError) (2003, "Can't connect to MySQL
server on '127.0.0.1' (111)") None None (Disable debug mode to suppress
these details.) (HTTP 500)

BTW...
I have also installed OVSwitch because I want that my controller is
connected to the compute hosts through a "real" switch OpenFlow.
I've done:
sudo ovs-vsctl set-controller openflow tcp:10.30.3.231:6633
to set the connection to the controller, how to set the connection to the
hosts?

Can you help me in some way? I need that this basic configuration works
ASAP.

Thanks

--
Silvia Fichera