[Openstack] How do I configure Openstack for JBOD disk configuration suitable for Hadoop?

Sam Stoelinga sammiestoel at gmail.com
Sun May 10 06:14:51 UTC 2015

I am experimenting with an approach. My current plan is to run Cinder LVM
on the compute node and attach block device of the local cinder LVM backend
directly to the VM.
The cinder LVM backend would be a VG span across JBOD disks.

Anybody ever tried this? Are there any special directive required so that
Cinder-scheduler knows that the local Cinder LVM backend should be used?