[Openstack] How do I configure Openstack for JBOD disk configuration suitable for Hadoop?

Jagat Singh jagatsingh at gmail.com
Sun May 10 02:51:45 UTC 2015

We are running Hadoop on Openstack. But have disks configured as RAID5. We
get terrible disk throughput.

How do we do openstack disk configuration for JBOD in the way Hadoop likes.

We are running Cisco UCS device , each server has 32 cores and 10 disks but
on Openstack Hadoop layer in datanode each disk appears as one at this
moment.

Is there any documentation or best practices around configuring Openstack
for Hadoop. I know there is Savana project but that does not shares how to
do things at physical level.

Thanks