[Openstack] Change from GRE to vlan

Akilesh K akilesh1597 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 06:13:22 UTC 2015

Apart from type_driver, there are many other setting in 'ml2_conf.ini'.
Like below

[ml2]
mechanism_drivers=openvswitch
type_drivers=vlan,flat
tenant_network_types=vlan,flat

[ml2_type_flat]
flat_networks=Extnet

[ml2_type_vlan]
network_vlan_ranges=Intnet1:100:200

[ovs]
bridge_mappings=Intnet1:br-eth1, Extnet:br-ex

In above configuration I am using one flat External network 'Extnet'
and One vlan network 'Intnet1'.
I would suggest read through the documentation given in the config
file. It is a good starting point.
In case you need more info we have created a few blog posts that could
be of help.

https://fosskb.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/l2-connectivity-in-openstack-using-openvswitch-mechanism-driver/
https://fosskb.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/l3-connectivity-using-neutron-l3-agent/
https://fosskb.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/openstack-juno-on-ubuntu-14-10/

Do write back if you need any further information.

Thank you,

Ageeleshwar K