[Openstack] Change from GRE to vlan

Mitchell Chen mitchell.chen at mediatek.com
Thu Mar 19 06:01:42 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have, step by step, followed the OpenStack icehouse installation guide to install control, compute and neutron nodes. They all run fine like OpenStack document describes. There is a GRE tunneling connection described in OpenStack installation guide from compute nodes to a neutron node. We currently plan to change the GRE tunneling connection to vlan, but I don't see the Openstack installation describes detail for setting up vlan.

I can see the type driver need to be changed from gre to vlan in ml2_conf.ini files in all nodes. I also got a HP switch configured vlan trunk ports for each computer and neutron systems to replace the current flat switch in the physical private connection.

Besides the above mentioned ml2_conf.ini change and physical connection change, is there anything else I need to do for setting the vlan connection to get the external/internal nets, subnets and the router to work again to build instances? I am going to do this work very soon and will appreciate advices from your experience.

Thank you,
Mitchell

************* Email Confidentiality Notice ********************
The information contained in this e-mail message (including any
attachments) may be confidential, proprietary, privileged, or otherwise
exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. It is intended to be
conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). Any use, dissemination,
distribution, printing, retaining or copying of this e-mail (including its
attachments) by unintended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, or believe
that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately (by replying to this e-mail), delete any and all copies of
this e-mail (including any attachments) from your system, and do not
disclose the content of this e-mail to any other person. Thank you!