[Openstack] [Heat][Ceilometer]

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 18 07:58:48 UTC 2015

HI,

when you create an alarm in Heat [1], you pass it the metadata to filter
resources for which to collect samples (usually it involves a stack id in
some way or another) and a ceilometer query to filter samples more
precisely. Then using the aggregation function (statistic) e.g. average and
a big enough period to aggregate upon (all set in the alarm resource of
Heat too) you could effectively have an average load of all the servers in
the autoscaling group combined as a trigger for an alarm.

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/openstack.html#OS::Ceilometer::Alarm-props

Best regards,

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy