[Openstack] [Fuel] Mirantis Fuel 6.0 HA deployment Failure associated with port 8774

Forrest Flagg fostro.flagg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 23:32:34 UTC 2015

First time here, not sure if this is the right place for this question, but
here it goes.

Using Mirantis Fuel 6.0 trying to get a basic HA deployment working one
bare-metal with GRE segmentation on Ubuntu 12.04.  The Fuel installation
uses all default values.

Every deployment fails on the first controller node.  Attempts were made
with as few as a single controller node and as many as three controller
nodes.  Each time the results are the same.

Looking at the logs, I can see that port 8774 is failing to be found and
causes a time out.  The IP address that is being used is on the public
network, 172.16.0.0/24, instead of the internal 192.168.0.0/24 or
192.168.1.0/24 like all the other services.  I'm not sure what uses port
8774, but something seems off.

Network verification passes and regressing to uses multi-node instead of
multi-node with HA works fine.  Does anyone have any ideas about what would
be causing this and/or how to fix it?

If this isn't the right place for this question, could anyone point me to
the right mailing list.  Thanks,

Forrest