[Openstack] [openstack][ceilometer][webhook]

Chinasubbareddy M chinasubbareddy_m at persistent.com
Mon Mar 2 09:59:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a running instance of ceilometer in my system, I want to create an alarm through ceilometer without using heat template. There is a command line API called ceilometer alarm-create.

Now I want the alarm in such a way that it will trigger an instance creation after a value is greater than the threshold. I know that [--alarm-action <webhook url="">] serves the purpose. But what should i put in the Webhook url??

How do i generate a webhook url which will tell ceilometer to create an instance?

Can some body help me with regards to this web hook url</webhook>?

Regards,
Subbareddy,
Persistent systems ltd.

DISCLAIMER