[Openstack] Add floating IP address to an existing floating IP pool

James Denton james.denton at rackspace.com
Wed Jun 24 13:47:26 UTC 2015

You should simply be able to add a new subnet to the existing external network using the subnet-create command:

neutron subnet-create <existing ‘floating’ network UUID> <new CIDR> [--all the normal subnet options]

Caveat: The new subnet will need a respective gateway address, and that IP should be configured on the external gateway device. The gateway device will need to support multiple ips/subnets on the same interface. Most routers can handle this.

James