[Openstack] live migration of instances

Xabier Elkano xelkano at hostinet.com
Thu Jun 11 12:13:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

do you have shared storage for your instances? If your instances disks
are in a shared storage like iscsi or CEPH you can do live migrations
without problems, otherwise, if your instances disks are in the compute
nodes local storage ( /var/lib/nova/instances), you may need to put this
directory in a NFS share to be able to do live migrations.

BR,
Xabier