[Openstack] OpenStack Meiji (明治) - Our next release name has been selected

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Jul 7 03:48:13 UTC 2015

Hi everybody!

Ok. There is nothing more actually useful I can say that isn't in the
subject line. As I mentioned previously, the preliminary results from
our name election are here:

http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_4983776e190c8dbc

As a follow on step, the OpenStack Foundation staff assessed the names
chosen for legal risk in the order we ranked them. The first two had
significant identified problems... but the third in the list, Meiji (明
治) is clear.

So please join me in welcoming the latest name to our family ... and if
you, like me, are not a native Japanese speaker, in learning two new
characters.

Thanks!
Monty