[Openstack] [Heat] Heat supports OpenStack operation

Duan, Li-Gong (Gary@HPServers-Core-OE-PSC) li-gong.duan at hp.com
Fri Jan 16 08:34:47 UTC 2015

Hi,

Does Heat support executing an OpenStack operation, such as migrating an Nova instance, powering off a Nova instance?
I know currently Heat does a good job on launching cloud cluster or application, such as deploying a Nova instance with specified network configuration, but not sure how to control(not launch or delete) a Nova instance or cinder volume.

If Heat does not support these OpenStack operation, what is the best Heat way if we want to execute some operations, such as powering off a Nova instance, in Heat template?

Regards,
Gary