[Openstack] BUG: soft lockup messages

Matej Mailing mailing at tam.si
Sat Jan 3 12:05:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

we are experiencing randomly-timed soft lockup messages in different
instances (running CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.) with different processes and
on different compute nodes. I suspect that access to the cinder
storage via NFS could be the cause of issue, but then perhaps all the
instances would trigger the error message on the same time? Currently
they don't and no higher access loads are repoted on the NFS server
itself, neither the load is higher at those times ...
What are the best methods to debug this error? Any suggestions and
expeiences on fixing it will be very welcome :-)

Thanks,
Matej