[Openstack] [neutron][juno]l3-agent issues

Akilesh K akilesh1597 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 08:18:17 UTC 2015

I have found the cause of both the issues

Issue 1:
external_network_bridge is by default set to br-ex therefore demanding that
external_network_gateway and router_id be set for everything to work. In
order to achieve the legacy mode where the l3-agent  can handle multiple
external networks and gateways we have to explicitly set
'external_network_bridge' to null like below

external_network_bridge =

Issue 2:
Since I had two external network I was running two l3-agents and somehow
the second l3-agent was picking up the floating ip messages from the queue
server before the first one could and this was preventing from floatingip
to be updated without a restart. As soon as I stopped the second l3 agent
things were back to normal.

Hope the information is useful to everyone.

Thank you,
Ageeleshwar K