[Openstack] [neutron][juno]l3-agent issues

Akilesh K akilesh1597 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 13:12:14 UTC 2015

Hi,
I have some issues with l3-agent, explained below. Kindly let me know how
to debug the same and conclude if its a bug or misconfiguration.

Issue 1:
1. The router namespace is not created unless I set router_id,
external_network_gateway, and external_network_bridge in l3-agent.ini. As
per the documentation these need not be set unless I want to lock down my
l3-agent to one router or external network.

Issue 2:
Each time I associate a floatingip I have to restart my l3-agent in order
for it to take effect. Only after restart the relevant iptable rules are
populated.

Let me know how can I proceed.

Thank you,
Ageeleshwar K