[Openstack] Swift - Container access across different project users

LucyGe shufange at hedviginc.com
Tue Dec 8 19:13:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have a question about swift object storage. So I found out the container creation is within the scope of a project, which means different projects can have same container name created.
e.g.
Project 1 - user1   create “container1”
Project 2 - user2   create “container1”
this is allowed
So my question is, can user2 access user1’s container1 without making Project 1’s container1 “Public”, just user1 grant user2 permission for access to  Project 1’s container1. Is it supported in the current Openstack swift implementation?

Thanks
Lucy