[Openstack] Provider network with OpenVSwitch

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:57:11 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I found this scenario in the Openstack Liberty documentation:
http://docs.openstack.org/networking-guide/scenario_provider_ovs.html

It is very similar to my implementation, in fact I have an OVS that
connects my compute and controller nodes.
But what i would like to do is also control the OVS with ODL.
I tryed creating the setup using the ovsb implementantion and vxlan to
manage the data traffic. But when I spawn an instance it has no IP address
is it's located in a compute node.
In the OVS I can just see ARP request from the nodes and no arp reply. The
DHCP request disappear....
What I want to do is collect Openflow statistics with the ODL controller
and than add a table in the Opestack DB to record those statistcs. So I
thought that the best solution was an ODL that is connected both to the OVS
and to the Openstack nodes.

Any suggestion?
I have some deadlines so I need to solve it ASAP...

Thank you
--
Silvia Fichera