[Openstack] Cloudkitty - Pricing configuration automation

Stéphane Albert sheeprine at nullplace.com
Tue Dec 8 10:24:47 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 02:29:19PM +0530, murali wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using cloudkitty in my Development environment.
>
> I have some question regarding the cloudkitty.
>
> I need to achieve one goal with Cloudkitty with devstack.
>
> Actually in my development environment I can be able to setup the
> Cloudkitty and also can be able to manually configure pricing using hashmap
> module.
>
> Its working fine as expected I can be able to see that Pricing area is
> being displayed during the Instance creation and values were being
> displayed correctly.
Good to hear that you achieved good results with CloudKitty.

> Now my goal is to Automate the part of configuring hashmap module in
> Cloudkitty.
>
> Instead of configuring it manually I need to automate that particular part.
>
> So that I can be able to skip the Manual configuration of pricing.
>
> In other words:
>
>         I need to develop a pattern/script for leveraging the API (using
> the cloudkitty python library) for initial setup/injection of pricing for
> several instance types as well as specific additional pricing for a
> specific image uuid.
>
> Some one let me know the way to achieve the same.
There is no import/export tool for rating rules at the moment.
If you want to automate creation of rating rules you either need to
create a bash script calling the client. Or you can create your own
python script loading data from a file, let's say a csv. Then push the
data with the python lib.

Personally when a need to do quick setups of CloudKitty I just write a
bash script. But if you need something modular you can go with a python
script.

> Regards,
>
> Murali

Cheers,