[Openstack] Error Returned by `nova list-extensions` Command

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 15:00:57 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 02:24 AM, Richard Raseley wrote:
> I am tracking down an issue I am having in Horizon ( HTTPD output
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/480704/ ) which lead me to looking at
> the Nova extensions. When I try to execute a `nova list-extensions`
> command with the debug flag, I get the following error output (
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/480702/ ).
>
> All Nova services appear to be running and healthy. I somewhat
> suspect that I have a malformed endpoint for nova, as it doesn’t
> include ‘extensions’ as part of the URI in the `nova —debug
> list-extensions` output. Any assistance would be appreciated.
>
> This is OpenStack Kilo using RDO packaging.

Hi Richard,

If you will note the following in your debug output:

"http://openstack-test.domain.local:8774/v2/v2.0/d0064a4d07594a4fb93bfe7b15fbdfef"

It looks like you are either improperly setting the base compute API URI
manually when calling the novaclient or the service catalog improperly
contains a doubled-up "v2/v2.0/" part of the URI. That should just be
"v2/" not "v2/v2.0".

If you do a `keystone catalog`, what do you see in the returned results
for the compute service type?

Best,
-jay