[Openstack] [ANN] OpenStack Kilo on Ubuntu fully automated with Ansible! Ready for NFV L2 Bridges via Heat!

Jose Manuel Ferrer Mosteiro jmferrer.paradigmatecnologico at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 12:54:46 UTC 2015

Nice job. I am doing a vmware vcenter like in
https://github.com/elmanytas/ansible-openstack-vcenter [7] and I solved
the problem of duplicate endpoints in line 106 of
https://github.com/elmanytas/ansible-openstack-vcenter/blob/master/etc_ansible/roles/keystone/tasks/main.yml
[8] . This makes playbooks idempotents.

Maybe you could be interested.

On 2015-08-26 00:30, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:

> Hello Stackers!
>
> I'm proud to announce an Ansible Playbook to deploy OpenStack on Ubuntu!
>
> Check it out!
>
> * https://github.com/sandvine/os-ansible-deployment-lite [1]
>
> Powered by Sandvine! ;-)
>
> Basically, this is the automation of what we have documented here:
>
> * http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/apt/content/ [2]
>
> Instructions:
>
> 1- Install Ubuntu 14.04, fully upgraded (with
> "linux-generic-lts-vivid" installed), plus "/etc/hostname" and
> "/etc/hosts" configured according.
>
> 2- Deploy OpenStack with 1 command:
>
> * Open vSwtich (default):
>
> bash <(curl -s
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sandvine/os-ansible-deployment-lite/kilo/misc/os-install.sh [3])
>
> * Linux Bridges (alternative):
>
> bash <(curl -s
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sandvine/os-ansible-deployment-lite/kilo/misc/os-install-lbr.sh [4])
>
> 3- Launch a NFV L2 Stack:
>
> heat stack-create demo -f
> ~/os-ansible-deployment-lite/misc/os-heat-templates/nfv-l2-bridge-basic-stack-ubuntu-little.yaml
>
> IMPORTANT NOTES:
>
> Only runs the "step 2" on top of a fresh installed Ubuntu 14.04! Can
> be a Server or Desktop but, fresh installed. Do not pre-install MySQL,
> RabbitMQ, Keystone, etc... Let Ansible to its magic!
>
> Also, make sure you can use "sudo" without password.
>
> Some features of our Ansible Playbook:
>
> 1- Deploys OpenStack with one single command, in one physical box
> (all-in-one), helper script (./os-deploy.sh) available;
>
> 2- Supports NFV instances that can act as a L2 Bridge between two
> VXLAN Networks;
>
> 3- Plenty of Heat Templates;
>
> 4- 100% Ubuntu based;
>
> 5- Very simple setup (simpler topology; dummy interfaces for both
> "br-ex" and "vxlan"; no containers for each service (yet));
>
> 6- Ubuntu PPA available, with a few OpenStack patches backported from
> Liberty, to Kilo (to add "port_security_enabled" Heat support);
>
> https://launchpad.net/~sandvine/+archive/ubuntu/cloud-archive-kilo/ [5]
>
> 7- Only requires one physical ethernet card;
>
> 8- Both "Linux Bridges" and "Open vSwitch" deployments are supported;
>
> 9- Planning to add DPDK support;
>
> 10- Multi-node support under development;
>
> 11- IPv6 support comming...
>
> * Notes about Vagrant support:
>
> Under development (it doesn't work yet).
>
> There is a preliminary Vagrant support (there is still a bug on MySQL
> startup, pull requests are welcome).
>
> Just "git clone" our Ansible playbooks and run "vagrant up" (or
> ./os-deploy-vagrant.sh to auto-config your Ansible vars / files for
> you).
>
> We tried it only with Mac / VirtualBox but, it does not support
> VT-in-VT (nested virtualization), so, we're looking for KVM / Libvirt
> on Ubuntu Desktop instead. But it would be nice to, at least, launch
> OpenStack in a VirtualBox on you Mac... =)

> [...]

Links:
------
[1] https://github.com/sandvine/os-ansible-deployment-lite
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/apt/content/