[Openstack] Nova boot from volume problem after Kilo upgrade

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Wed Aug 26 17:21:32 UTC 2015

Seen similar issues.
There are some known glance issues and also so nova filter issues going on
by default.

I'd look at enabling "verbose=True" in Nova and seeing if you can get
closer to the truth of what's going on and then tail the nova logs. We've
put that down in our runbooks as a best practice for debugging this.

The slides on our talk have more info:
http://j.mp/oskilo_twc

and I'll be adding another today.

(Our issue was kind of around glance api v1 and v2 differences and missing
descriptions among other things. Other issues also plagued the upgrade.)

See slides 8&9 and 12 and probably soon a 13.