[Openstack] Nova boot from volume problem after Kilo upgrade

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Wed Aug 26 16:59:58 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Before I open a bug...

after Kilo upgrade I get 'Error: Flavor's disk is too small for
requested image' when trying to boot from cinder volumes that are
larger than the image-type root volume.

This is a severe issue for me.  Has anyone else seen/reported this (I
didn't see it looking at the BTS but may have missed it)

Anyone have a work around other than duplicating all my existing
flavors with a root size of '0' which would be a mess and confuse the
hell out of my users.

-Jon

ps. instance types are stupid & users should be able to specify
resources (within bounds) anyway but that's a longer argument and much
harder fix :)