[Openstack] Cinder, custom filters and weighers.

Thomas Zilio zilio at efficit.com
Tue Aug 25 11:32:02 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to test some custom cinder filters and weighers but I can't manage to make it work.
I did the same for Nova and everything is working but the Cinder scheduler can't seem to find my custom classes.

My tests are made on a Icehouse installation.

The error message appearing in the log is the following one:
> SchedulerHostFilterNotFound: Scheduler Host Filter CustomFilter could not be found.

The filter file is in the directory : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cinder/scheduler/filters
And I added these lines to the cinder.conf file (not sure if the first one is required).
> scheduler_available_filters=custom_filter.CustomFilter
> scheduler_default_filters=AvailabilityZoneFilter,CapacityFilter,CapabilitiesFilter,CustomFilter

My filter file name is custom_filter.py and the class is CustomFilter.

I don't think it's related to what my filter does since it's not even found by the scheduler.
I'm encountering the same issues with the weighers (and everything is working just fine on the Nova scheduler side).

If anyone has any idea how I could make this work I would be really grateful !

Thanks and regards,
Thomas