[Openstack] floating ip vs. fixed_ip_address

Yngvi Páll Þorfinnsson yngvith at siminn.is
Fri Aug 21 14:58:13 UTC 2015

Hi,
Recently "something" changed in my openstack env. but I can't figure out what happened !
When I launch an instance , it will be created normally and get the IP's on the configured subnets:
i.e.
fixed_ip_address --       10.100.100.7
floating_ip_address -- 157.157.8.139

when I ping the external IP i.e. 157.157.8.139  it will respond with the other IP i.e. 10.100.100.7  !!

This is different from the previous behaviour (several weeks ago) and causes problems of course.

Can you please give me feedback on this problem?

Best regards
Yngvi