[Openstack] Multiple Domains in one install

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 14:56:17 UTC 2015

On 08/05/2015 01:30 AM, Lance Haig wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have an icehouse install that uses a default domain and tennant list
>
> What has been requested is that we create a new Domain with new
> projects etcc within that domain.
>

> I tried creating the domain in horizon and it seems to complete just
> fine.
>
> When you go to edit the domain the quota fields are all empty and even
> if you populate the quotas and submit it the quotas are not saved to
> the configuration.
>
> I have tried looking for documentation in the openstack docs but I
> can's seem to find any.
>
> The Auth version is set to v3 as per the documentation.
>
> Is there a cli command I can run to check the fields are set ?

Your best bet it to use the openstack common CLI.
python-openstackclient.  You need a V3 token to perform domain specific
operations, like this:

export OS_AUTH_URL=http://{{ keystone_hostname }}:5000/v3
export OS_USERNAME={{ username }}
export OS_PASSWORD={{ password }}
export OS_USER_DOMAIN_NAME=Default
export OS_PROJECT_DOMAIN_NAME=Default
export OS_PROJECT_NAME={{ project_name }}
export OS_IDENTITY_API_VERSION=3

source that file, then run

openstack domain list

and you should see your domains.

Nova does not know about domains.  So I don't know if domain level
quotas are supported.