[Openstack] [Fuel] problem resolving node name only on ssh

Miroslav Anashkin manashkin at mirantis.com
Mon Apr 27 18:21:44 UTC 2015

Greetings, Pedro,

1.
Please check, if you have DHCP disabled in all VirtualBox virtual networks,
related to OpenStack installations. Disable it, if necessary.

2.
Please check promiscuous mode is enabled for all virtual NICs, related to
OpenStack virtual machines, on every VM.

3.
Please check the model of your virtual NIC.
Prior to 6.1 we recommend to use AMD PC-Net FAST III, while it has issues
with VLAN isolation.
Default Intel e1000 has issues with promiscuous mode realization.

4.
Please do the following test:
On every Ceph node, after installation already failed.
try to ping the controller by Management network address (that address
assigned to br-mgmt bridge).
If failed - try to reboot the ceph node and try to ping the same address
one more time.

Not so long ago I've encountered the same issue - VBox network was
inaccessible until I rebooted my VMs. I suspect it is VBox issue,
introduced in one of the recent VBox versions.

--

*Kind Regards*

*Miroslav Anashkin**L2 support engineer**,*
*Mirantis Inc.*
*+7(495)640-4944 (office receptionist)*
*+1(650)587-5200 (office receptionist, call from US)*
*35b, Bld. 3, Vorontsovskaya St.*
*Moscow**, Russia, 109147.*

www.mirantis.com

manashkin at mirantis.com