[Openstack] [Fuel] problem resolving node name only on ssh

Pedro Velho pedro.velho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:06:04 UTC 2015

Hi friends,

I finally found the problem. The thing was that my VirtualBox interfaces were created with a different IP than expected by fuel as default IP
addresses.

Here is what I did. Checked VirtualBox -> File -> Preferences like this:

4 virtual box networks

vboxnet0, 10.20.0.1, 255.255.255.0
vboxnet1, 192.168.0.1, 255.255.255.0
vboxnet2, 192.168.1.1, 255.255.255.0
vboxnet3, 172.16.0.1, 255.255.255.0, I put DHCP like on the fuel dashboard that is: Server 172.16.0.1
255.255.255.0, lower address 172.16.0.2, higher address 172.16.0.126

I also did like Fabrizio advice and completely turned off the Fedora NetworkManager with:

# systemctl stop NetworkManager.service
# systemctl disable NetworkManager.service

I verified its effectiveness with:

# nmcli dev status

That should return Error: NetworkManager is not running. After that I shutdown all the nodes.
I configured each node to have 4 network interfaces, all host only, one for each vboxnetY
adapter I have.

After that, even though the deployment finished with an error, fuel could continue just after ubuntu installation
and successfully deploy openstack over Vbox.

Cheers and thanks for the help,
Pedro