[Openstack] Swift quota per keystone user

Kévin Bernard-Allies kbernard-allies at bajoo.fr
Mon Apr 27 13:17:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

I want to set quotas associated to keystone users.

In my configuration, an user can create swift containers, and share them
with other users.
For now, I creates a new tenant for each new shared container, and I add
the users with a 'member' role. So, an user can list all tenants which
he has access.
I want to limit the total space an user can use, counting all containers
which he has access.

Unfortunately, I've seen nothing who can help me to do that.

A solution could be to create a Swift middleware, that will ask Keystone
the list of tenants the user belongs to, find the containers
corresponding, and sum their sizes. Even with caching, I think this will
have bad performances.

Another solution could be to use the Swift StatD logging, although I'm
not usre of what I can do with it.

Has anyone an use case similar to mine ? What are your solutions ?
What solution would be the easiest to implement ?

thanks