[Openstack] Trouble deploying Suse SLES 11 and 12 on openstack and VMware

Lance Haig lance at haigmail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:18:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

Does anyone have a SLES11.3 template that can actually deploy on
Openstack(vmware)?

I seem to be missing something as I can't seem to get it to deploy and
to be seen as successful.

I have to manually add the default route for IP connectivity to work

and then the system deletes my instance after 15 minutes.

I tried a vanilla JEOS SLE11.3 system from Sustudio.com I clicked the
cloud-init option but when this builds the ovf cloud init is not installed.

I then added the cloud-init package repo and installed cloud-init
activated the services for boot time

but this does not make a difference.

PLEASE help I am pulling my hair out.

Lance