[Openstack] How to configure the Openstack setup with SAS Block storage

Anne Hill anne.hill005 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 19:33:08 UTC 2014

Dear Members; Im stuck with following question. Appreciate your responses.

I have a SAS block storage and needed to configure with Live migration. All
controller and computes nodes connected to the block storage through SAS
interfaces.

In order to enable live migration, If i create a single SAS LUN (volume),
and mount it among all node's "/var/lib/nova/instances/" folder, then setup
same nova UID GID on all nodes, will be enough for live migration?

Or do I have to run any distributed file system like GlusterFS or NFS?

Will libvert detect SAS protocol and enable the live migration?

Anne.
Thanks in advance..