[Openstack] [Devstack][Neutron][Neutron N1KV Plugin] How to enable in local.conf?

Pritesh Kothari (pritkoth) pritkoth at cisco.com
Fri Sep 19 22:14:01 UTC 2014

WARNING neutron.plugins.cisco.n1kv.n1kv_neutron_plugin [-] No policy profile populated from VSM

Actually there is patch in process for devstack to get few things like this handled, but this error seems to be
because the VSM seems to be lacking a default policy, if you can check that the VSM has default policy or not
and see if there is one else you would have to create a default policy and also once that is done and still get this
error, it would help to create a network profile from command line.

Regards,
Pritesh

Ok sure Thanks. I will check VSM default policy.

In my case I am trying Openstack + VMWare + nexus_1000v, I am not sure from where I will get .deb file so that to copy it to devstack box. Is it same for all the hypervisor?

Details about those files are shown here, you need the one mentioned in VEN section.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus1000/kvm/install_guide/521SK311/b_Cisco_N1KV_KVM_Install_Guide_521SK311/b_Cisco_N1KV_KVM_Install_Guide_521SK131_chapter_011.html#concept_1CA9D623019E48B39430B9430D2B7A1F

Regards,
Pritesh