[Openstack] [Devstack][Neutron][Neutron N1KV Plugin] How to enable in local.conf?

foss geek thefossgeek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 22:04:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM, Pritesh Kothari (pritkoth) <
pritkoth at cisco.com> wrote:

>  On Sep 19, 2014, at 10:16 AM, foss geek <thefossgeek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi Pritesh,
>
>  I'm struggling to understand the below issue still.
>
>  I guess the N1KV plugin tries to pull policy profiles from VSM. It seems
> either VSM Error or VSM Connection issue it is not able to pull policy
> profiles from VMS.
>
>  Any help to troubleshoot this issue?
>
>  $ screen-q-svc.log
>
>  create failed (client error)*: Network Profile default_network_profile
> could not be found.*
>
>  *WARNING neutron.plugins.cisco.n1kv.n1kv_neutron_plugin [-] No policy
> profile populated from VSM*
>

>  Actually there is patch in process for devstack to get few things like
> this handled, but this error seems to be
> because the VSM seems to be lacking a default policy, if you can check
> that the VSM has default policy or not
> and see if there is one else you would have to create a default policy and
> also once that is done and still get this
> error, it would help to create a network profile from command line.
>
>  Regards,
> Pritesh

Ok sure Thanks. I will check VSM default policy.

In my case I am trying Openstack + VMWare + nexus_1000v, I am not sure from
where I will get .deb file so that to copy it to devstack box. Is it same
for all the hypervisor?

Q_CISCO_PLUGIN_UVEM_DEB_IMAGE=/var/lib/jenkins/prod/nexus_1000v_vem-12.04-5.2.1.SK1.2.1.29.S0-1.deb

Thanks