[Openstack] is anyone using zeromq for RPC?

Li Ma skywalker.nick at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 11:23:00 UTC 2014

On 2014/9/8 23:11, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> It’s great to know you were able to get a version working for your
> needs. I really thought it was fairly broken — did you have to patch
> the driver at all?

Actually it was not that broken. Patches our team provided are merged
before.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84310/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84618/

And here's another abandoned patch:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84938/
I'll explain it in the bug list later and rework on it.

With these patch, ZeroMQ will be OK.
>> (1) Provide tuning parameters for ZeroMQ context and sockets in order to fine-tune ZeroMQ for different deployment scenario.
>>
>> (2) Provide comprehensive test cases for ZeroMQ.
>>
>> (3) Support Devstack.
>>
>> (4) Provide installation tutorial in OpenStack docs.
>>
>> (5) Provide suggestions on real deployment architecture in OpenStack docs.
> We also need to add functional testing for the driver in the CI environment.
Yes, almost forgot that CI is the most important for ZeroMQ driver, and
the documentation as well. As I listed above, we need a plan for how to
build the whole ZeroMQ support environment step by step, especially the
priority that I'm not very clear. Anyway, I think it seems not realistic
to land everything for Juno.

cheers,
Li Ma