[Openstack] Can I use more than one flavors on the heat create-stack command?

Michelakis, Spiros (NSN - GR/Athens) spiros.michelakis at nsn.com
Thu Oct 23 09:08:35 UTC 2014

Hi,
I'm trying to create a stack by using heat templates. I'm using this command, as it is described in OSR manual:
stack-create mystack --template-file /PATH_TO_HEAT_TEMPLATES/WordPress_Single_Instance.template --parameters "InstanceType=m1.large;DBUsername=USERNAME;DBPassword=PASSWORD;KeyName=HEAT_KEY;LinuxDistribution=F17"
when I try to run this command having the same flavor for all my instances, it works fine. The problem raises when I want to create 2 or more instances with different flavors on each one of them.
I'm using these parameters on the "-parameters" field on the above command:
{"key_name":"security_key","image_name":"my_image_name","cluster_identification":"<tenant_name>","disk_config_size":"1","disk_mstate_size":"1","disk_log_size":"1","disk_services_size":"1","flavor_1":"small_flavor_1_name","flavor_2":"small_flavor_2_name"}
The error that raises when I'm trying to execute this command is:
"error: NegativeStateReached: Object "id:c2dda18d-9019-4e9c-8514-245650e4b201 name:ng-ci-20141020-184706-heat_name" negative state "stack_status":"CREATE_FAILED" reached (Resource CREATE failed: Error: Creation of server 2 failed.)"
I have checked logs under /var/log/messages and /var/log/nova/scheduler.log without any findings.
My questions:
1)      Is there any restriction on the "-parameters" field of the above command that prevents from running this command for more than one flavors in this command?
2)      I have read in a forum that in order to implement this, we have to specify an availability zone other than the default one (nova AZ) including the instances we want to use on the -parameters field. Is this true? I cannot find any "logical explanation" behind that thought..... How the existence of an AZ would affect the execution of this command?

I would appreciate if you could provide me with any kind of tip or solution for this issue.
Thank you in advance for your support.
BR,
Michelakis Spyros