[Openstack] Suggestion for lab environment

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Sat Oct 18 17:08:54 UTC 2014

Anytime you put install a portable dev environment running embedded guests
on top of what amounts to commercial bloatware such as Windows, you'll have
performance issues. Could also be as simple as how you built your
VirtualBox (static disk = fast, dynamic disk = slow, less memory = more
paging to disk = disk type matters). Technically speaking though assuming
your budget is $0, VMware hypervisors are actually free (
http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere-hypervisor) and useful when
comparing performance.

You need a dedicated machine for it but exploring options couldn't hurt.

Mahalo,
Adam

*Adam Lawson*

AQORN, Inc.