[Openstack] Scheduler Filters Ignored

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 16:32:38 UTC 2014

On 11/28/2014 11:22 AM, Georgios Dimitrakakis wrote:
> Jay,
>
> you were right!
>
> If I remove the "availability zone" parameter then filters are applied!!!
>
> Do you know if this is an expected behavior?

Honestly, the way our filter scheduler works with regards to aggregates
is so wonky that I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this is
"expected". :(

Try adjusting the cpu_allocation_ratio and ram_allocation_ratio of the
host aggregate that has the same availability zone in its metadata. That
should allow you to get the same behaviour when you use the availability
zone scheduler hint in the boot command.

Best,
-jay