[Openstack] Hi All, a problem about cinder, lvm, backing-file and reboot.

Edward HUANG huangxx_2155 at live.com
Mon Nov 24 18:15:22 UTC 2014

Hi All,  I'm trying to install Openstack on a local server in my lab, and I use devstack for the installation.  I use almost the default setting for local.conf.  And currently i encounter a problem, after I run unstack.sh, the volume group created by stack.sh is deleted, as well as the backing file, and by running rejoin-stack.sh, the cinder-volume cannot be restarted properly and it reports no 'stack-volumes-lvmdriver-1' is found.  Seems to me that rejoin-stack.sh does not bring back the volume group.  So, what is the proper way to unstack.sh and then re-run Openstack to preserve cinder storage properly?
Best regards
Edward ZILONG HUANGMS at ECE department, Carnegie Mellon Universityhttp://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/zilongh/