[Openstack] Documentation Error??

Aaron Segura aaron.segura at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:25:29 UTC 2014

Think of your external interface as if it were a switch. The guests are
plugged in to the switch. They will have IP addresses that allow them to
communicate on the network. The physical interface just ships packets back
and forth between physical and virtual networks, and doesn't need its own
address. Make more sense?